Now that statistics.gov.scot has been launched for six weeks, and a lot of people have tried it out, we want to start developing and enhancing the functionality. We've taken lots of helpful feedback, which has demonstrated why it was important to build in this period of user-led development.
We are realise that launching the site has given us greater exposure to many different users; there are around 500 different user sessions each day and we're really grateful to everyone for visiting and taking the time to tell us what you think. Your comments let us know what's working and what could be working better - these have helped us with our development plan.
We hope that people will continue to be impressed with the new data cart feature that allows users to build tables across different datasets and geography types. However, we know that people are finding it a little bit harder to select the right geographies at the moment. You have told us that improved mapping, better labels and cleaner page layouts might help with that.
We need you to keep giving us feedback on our development plans and the functionality that we provide. So, here's a quick list of what we'll be working on over the next few months:
- improving the presentation of the geography pages (including layout and labelling)
- making it easier to find and select areas to view reports or add to your data cart (including interactive maps)
- adding more area types to the geography pages
- continuing to improve the area reports and the formatting of downloads
- providing new help text to guide you through the different parts of the site
What do you think? Have we missed something? Please get in touch with us if you'd like more detail, or comment below.